Academy Member Inducted 2017Map & Directions
Lana SimsDiplomate member
1603 Kathwood Drive
Columbia, SC 29206
- Practice Commenced2001
- # of MEDS (as of 27/3/23)2500
- # of ARBS (as of 27/3/23)
Online / In-Person
- AUGUSTA-RICHMOND COUNTY
- CHARLES-N. CHARLESTON
- HILTON HEAD
- MYRTLE BEACH
Practicing law since 1982, Lana is a certified mediator recognized by the Supreme Court of South Carolina, and has experience in state and federal litigation, workers’ compensation, long shore and harbor worker matters. He has experience in workers’ compensation cases in circuit court or federal court actions, and cross-over claims like workers’ compensation claims with third party liability liens, assisting litigants with the resolution of a myriad of disputes, and his depth of experience is a valuable asset both to clients and to the litigants he assists in mediation throughout South Carolina.
Lana is recognized by his peers among The Best Lawyers in America:
In the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® (by BL Rankings, LLC) he is recognized for high caliber work in the practice area of Mediation.
In the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® (by BL Rankings, LLC) he is recognized as Columbia Workers' Compensation Law Employers "Lawyer of the Year."
Much of Lana’s career has involved representing employers, self-insured funds, and insurance companies throughout the state. His experience includes representation of clients before the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission and defending clients in matters involving occupational disease and exposure to hazardous materials.
Lana is also conversationally fluent in Spanish, born and raised in Panama, helpful in civil litigation mediations that may involve Hispanics.
- ADA Disability
- Contract Disputes
- Libel & Slander
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Railroad & Trucking
- Real Estate
- Title Disputes
- Workers' Compensation
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 1982
- Davidson College, B.A., 1979
Memberships & Affiliations
- South Carolina Bar Workers Compensation Council, former President
- South Carolina Workers Compensation Educational Association - former President
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association
- Defense Research Institute
- South Carolina Bar , Young Lawyers Division, former president
- American Bar Association, former South Carolina State Delegate
- South Carolina Bar Foundation, former president
- South Carolina Bar, Diversity Task Force Richland County Bar Association
$395 per hour for 3 parties or less. $125 per party for 4 or more parties.